Resources for Immigrants
Coming to Canada as a new immigrant is a great new experience. Each year, Canada welcomes 250,000 new Canadians to make this country their home and with Canada’s growing and diverse multicultural society upon your arrival, you can find many resources available that will help you settle in.
According to the numbers, 27541 are Family class, 82765 are Economic immigrants, 11540 are Refugees and 4606 are other immigrants.
Free services in Canada for immigrants include; help finding a job, help with daily life such as finding a place to live and filling out applications and forms, language classes and assessments and much more. About 24% of Canada’s population speaks languages other than English and French.
211 is a free helpline that will help you find information on community and social services available in Ontario and is available in over a 100 languages, 24 hours daily.
Following are the list of few communities for different provinces:
- Welcome to Alberta: Information for newcomers
- Alberta Newcomer Services
- Health care services in Alberta
- Alberta Association of Immigrant Servicing Agencies etc…
- Calgary Bridge Foundation for Youth
- Calgary Catholic Immigration Society
- Centre for Newcomers
- Immigrant Services Calgary etc…
- Edmonton Immigrant Services Association
- Indo-Canadian Women’s Association
- ASSIST Community Services Centre etc…
- Immigrant Services Society of B.C
- Refugee Health Vancouver
- Victoria Immigrant and Refugee Centre Society
- Vancouver Refugee Services Alliance
- Multicultural Helping House Society etc…
- Caring for Children’s Teeth – Newcomer’s resource
- Immigration Service Continuum
- Entry Program
- Immigrant Centre
- South Central Immigrant Services etc…
- New Brunswick Multicultural Council
- The Multicultural Association of Fredericton
- Saint John Multicultural and Newcomers Resource Centre etc….
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Office of Immigration and Multiculturalism
- Association for New Canadians
- Newfoundland and Labrador Newcomer’s Guide to Resources and Services etc…
- Nova Scotia Immigration
- Nova Scotia Advisory Council on the Status of Women
- Immigrant Services Association of Nova Scotia etc….
- Department of Community and Government Services etc…
- Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration
- Welcome Centre Immigrant Services
- Immigrant Women’s Centre
- Peel Multicultural Council
- Newcomer Centre of Peel
- Arab Community Centre of Toronto
- South Essex Community Council etc…..
Prince Edward Island
- Opportunities PEI
- PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada etc….
- The Montreal Fluency Centre
- South Asian Women’s Community Centre etc…
- Saskatchewan Immigration Services
- Healthy Immigrant Children
- Regina Open door Society etc…
- Government of Yukon
- Direction Yukon etc…